The mountain bike (VTT) trails depart from the Educational Farm at CPA Lathus and go through the Le Peu valley.
CPA Lathus is located in an area of natural farmland dotted with hedgerows : a vast and unspoilt adventure playground for mountain bikers. The 200 km of waymarked trails take cyclists into the heart of the countryside, close to nature. Different itineraries are available to suit the abilities of the participants and the learning aims, including trails of 7 to 64 km in length.
Highlights of mountain biking at CPA Lathus
An exceptional natural environment.
Open to everyone from 8 years old
Competitions organised on site
Moutain biking at CPA Lathus
Activity Supervisor : Pierre-Marie PHELIPPEAU - BP JEPS Walking and cycling activities - Contacte via mail
Practical detail :
- Minimum half-day sessions available with qualified instructor.
- Individual rates for half-day sessions : 20 € for over 16s, 15 euros € for under 16s. Group rates available for 8 or more people.
- Equipment : Bikes and helmets are provided. Different sizes of bike are available.
Learning aims :
- adapt your movements and manoeuvres to the terrain (body positioning, balance in relation to the bike, control of the gears and the derailleur),
- to follow an itinerary, learn how to brake and stop safely, to steer and control your trajectory, adopt the best position when transferring your body weight,
- overcome the fear of falling off, manage your pace and effort and adapt your speed as necessary, use front and rear breaks for braking,
- explore the surrounding environment.
The CPA Mountain biking (VTT) club
Runs from September to June
Open to children aged 8 and over
Club sessions for 8-14s : Wednesday, 2.00 – 5.00 pm
Year Membership fees (per child) : 71 €
includes annual federal licence FFCT (16 €), club membership (50 €)
and MJC membership (5€)
Start of season
Wednesday 16 September 2020
Information, reservations and membership
CPA Lathus – 05 49 91 83 30
Labels and accreditations
CPA Lathus is officially recognised as a « Base d'activité VTT de randonnée » (Centre for Mountain Bike trailing) by the French Cycle tourism federation (FFC).
Partager cette page