Our adapted activities
CPA Lathus offers a number of activities that can be adapted to meet the specific needs of participants with disabilities.
This activity is available to people with reduced mobility. The surface of the archery range has been made accessible to wheelchair users and there are also 2 support stands for archers in wheelchairs. Minimum age 8 years, accessible to people with physical, hearing or learning disabilities.
This activity is suitable for indoors and outdoors because the equipment is light. Minimum age 6 years and accessible to people with physical, hearing or learning disabilities.
The Mountain biking activity takes place on the Educational Farm situated in Peux Pintureau. CPA Lathus has acquired 3 electric buggies and 2 hand-bikes (1 road and 1 mountain bike) so participants with reduced mobility can participate in the activity unaccompanied. Minimum age 8 years, accessible to people with physical and hearing disabilities.
The climbing activity takes place :
- at the Roc d’enfer granite rock site, by the river Gartempe, where 40 climbing routes for different levels have been prepared on the exterior site (topo guide is available to consult at CPA Lathus).
- climbing hall with a 160 m2 climbing wall and a wooden climbing frame.
- on a 30 m pine tree in the Le Peu valley (climbing with ropes on the tree trunk and then along the branches.
- Minimum age 4 years in the hall, 8 years for other locations. Accessible to people with physical, hearing, visual or learning disabilities.
The kayaking happens on the River Gartempe. This sport is accessible to people with reduced mobility, thanks to our special “Sundance” boats, our tandem kayaks or our hotdogs, which allow us to offer this activity to everyone. Minimum age of 8 years, accessible to participants with physical, hearing, visual or learning disabilities.
Walking and hiking
Our centre is located in the south of the Vienne department, in the foothills of the Limousin, an area well-suited to walking and hiking. There are 200 km of signposted footpaths, allowing you to explore the countryside and villages around Montmorillon. We have also listed all the paths that are accessible to walkers with disabilities, in particular the blue route and the red route, which take you on a tour of the farm, without the need for a guide.
For walks through the Gartempe valley, we can provide Joelettes (one-wheeled sedan chairs) and an adaptable third wheel for wheelchairs. Minimum age of 8 years, accessible for participants with physical, hearing or learning disabilities.
This activity is available to people with reduced mobility. A fishing platform for wheelchair users has been built on the bank. Minimum age of 8 years, accessible to anglers with physical, hearing or learning disabilities.
Educational Farm activities
The activities and experiences on the farm can promote the following responses :
- openess to others : a subject of conversation, a vehicle for social development (encouraging members of the group to get to know one another and appreciate each other)
- empowerment : through caring and feeding the animals
- emotional security : a sourcy of affection, comfort and pleasure
- a channel for aggression, giving rise to more sociable behaviour = give and take.
- sense of balance : building self-confidence, being able to be useful (the reward for the effort being the satisfaction of achievement).
- a source of motivation for writing, for further research, a pretext for school work between the sessions.
- forges a link between the past and the present (particularly for adults who have lived in the countryside)
The activities are accessible to participants over 6 years with physical, hearing or learning disabilities.
The riding activities are accessible to the greatest number of people with disabilities due to the provision of adapted equipement (carriages, saddles..) The site also has accessible showers and toilets. Minimum age of 3 years, open to people with physical, hearing, visual or learning disabillities.
We practice 7 main disciplines of circus arts in our centre : acrobatics (rolls, wheels…), floor acrobatics (balances, holds, pyramids), aerials (trapeze, silks, ropes), balancing (rolling ball, tightrope, tube, unicyle, stilts), juggling (balls, rings, objects, diabolo), acting (clown, dramatic expression) and magic.
Minimum age of 3 years. This activity can be adapted for every type of disability, as everyone will flourish in one of these disciplines.
The information above is provided as a guideline. We can adapt our activities to suit the objectives and needs of each organisation and their participants.
Please contact our team for more information on +33 188.8.131.52.30.
Partager cette page